In matters civic, we have great sympathies with empiricist and classical-liberal critics of the recent woke madness induced by Critical Social Theory. And yet...
In this episode we distinguish among the many children of the Enlightenment, point out the strengths of the empiricist/liberal tradition but also its corresponding weaknesses that CST exploits, and exhort secular empiricists to reconsider the moral, spiritual, and theological roots of the intellectual tradition that they rightly see as critically endangered. So have a listen, and then share this episode with an empiricist near you!
Support us on Patreon!
1. Pluckrose and Lindsay, Cynical Theories
2. Spinoza, Principles of Cartesian Philosophy
3. Descartes, Meditations on First Philosophy
4. Sharp, Spinoza and the Politics of Renaturalization
5. Locke, Second Treatise of Government
6. Dennett, Darwin's Dangerous Idea
7. Rectenwald, Springtime for Snowflakes
8. Also check out our episode on Faith to the Aid of Reason
More about us at sarahhinlickywilson.com and paulhinlicky.com!