The terrible killing of George Floyd and the resulting protests and riots around the country have prompted us to record this bonus episode, in which we reflect on our experiences and theological interpretations of being "white," American, and Christian.
Support us on Patreon!
1. Much of what we say in this episode presumes topics we've covered already; you may want to check out What Is a Person?, Faith to the Aid of Reason, Two Kingdoms: 16th-Century Edition & Two Kingdoms: 20th- and 21st-Century Edition, and The First Two-Thirds of Acts.
2. See Dad's Mission to the Catskills: A History of Immanuel Lutheran Church of Delhi, New York and his discussion of Martin Luther King Jr in Luther and the Beloved Community, informed by teaching a course on MLK for many years at Roanoke College.
3. A little info about my forthcoming memoir here
4. Review of Albion's Seed
5. This is a thoughtful reflection from a Christian in the South coming to terms with his ancestors and their history.
6. Bonhoeffer talks about the ultimate and penultimate in Ethics
7. Cornel West, Race Matters
8. James Cone, God of the Oppressed
More about us at sarahhinlickywilson.com and paulhinlicky.com!